These photos, taken in 1894, depict Chinese-American immigrants in a formal studio setting. The images are part of a series of Commissioner’s Case Files in the records of the Second Judicial District of the Arizona Territorial Courts. The records are held at the National Archives at Riverside.
Observing Asian-Pacific Heritage Month
To pay tribute to the many generations of Asian-Pacific Americans that have enriched our nation’s history, the National Archives at Riverside will be highlighting some of our holdings relating to Asian American history in our region (Southern California, Arizona, and Clark County, NV), including records relating to enforcement of the Chinese Exclusion Act, records relating to Japanese internment and relocation, and many more.
For more information about Asian-Pacific Heritage Month, see http://asianpacificheritage.gov/
8 Notes/ Hide
- adhdad reblogged this from riversidearchives
- todaysdocument likes this
- ourpresidents likes this
- a-whimsical-imagineer reblogged this from riversidearchives
- a-whimsical-imagineer likes this
- finnishyourcheese likes this
- usnatarchives likes this
- preservearchives likes this
- riversidearchives posted this